Monday, August 10, 2015

Atlaska Marie

Marie is from Alaska. She mistakenly sent me not one but two emails.

 

I thought my response to her first email would cause her to never contact me again.  Little did I know she would send a second email five months later.  I think my response to her second email is some of my best work.

 

____________________________
From: Marie
To: Me
Date: November 27, 2014
Subject: Guess what???

I'm wishing you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Eat everything you love to eat.
Bestest,
 Marie
and Annie Red-Pants and Ringo Starr

____________________________ 
From: Me
To: Marie
Date: December 01, 2014
Subject: Guess what???

And a happy thanksgiving to you too Marie. Gave It The Old College Try.
Toodles,
  Martin
and Mr Alfred Neuman and Sweet Rabie Bay

____________________________
From: Marie
To: Me
Date: May 17, 2015
Subject: 05/17/15

 Hello,

 Tried to call you but the # I have for you ''is no longer in service''.
So, first: how are you??
Do you still hang out in Alaska?
 Is your plane airworthy again?
Blah, blah, blah.


Are you interested, or willing, to sell the twin mattress set that I have here?

Yes, I do miss hearing from you occasionally
Bestest,

Marie

____________________________ 
From: Me
To: Marie
Date: May 19, 2015
Subject: 05/17/15

Hi Marie!

I haven't heard from you since Thanksgiving.  How is Annie and Ringo doing?  I hope you and they are doing well.  Alfred is doing fine but Rabie Bay had a stomach virus.  He's doing much better since his hospital stay.  The bills are piling up though.

I'm doing fine.  As you noticed I no longer have a land line and an airline but I'll get to that later.  I'm using a broken pay phone down the street to make outgoing calls but unfortunately can't accept incoming.  I mostly use that phone to order pizza and entertainment.

I haven't been to Alaska for some time and quite frankly I miss it.  I gotta get back there more often.  Maybe things will lighten up in the next 15 years.  I put in my 15 year notice.  Maybe I'll get up there sooner if I'm forced into early retirement.  Here's hoping.

My poor plane.  Even after all this time I still have trouble to talk about it. I'm thankful that the beaver was okay.  Too bad the same can't be said for the cement truck.  But let's stop talking about that.

Yada, yada, yada.

I would be willing to sell one of the twin mattresses.  It's hard to break them apart.  I've grown quite attached to both of them.  I like to call them my siamese twin mattresses.

Take care,

Toodles

____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment